“He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” – Chinese Proverb
This article is about to make your day because you are going to learn about the foods that you thought were bad for you, but are actually quite healthy. And, before you get excited, just know that moderation is always the key whenever it comes to eating anything that is healthy or that is not! However, let’s get right to it and you will now learn about the 5 foods that you had thought were sinful but are in fact quite good for you!
- Chocolate – Yes, go right ahead and pinch yourself because you really did just read that chocolate is part of the healthy food list. However, there is a catch. The milk chocolate that you are used to eating that is sold at your favorite convenience store is unfortunately not healthy as it is processed. The healthy chocolate is the dark chocolate that is at least 70% cacao. This chocolate is full of powerful cancer-fighting and tissue-repairing antioxidants and if you have one piece a day, that will make you so much healthier and happier.
- Popcorn – This may also come to you as a surprise as well, but popcorn is actually quite healthy if you were to eat it by itself! Not the popcorn that you would get at the theater as that is full of fat and preservatives. However, natural popcorn is filled with powerful antioxidants as well as fiber, and it is low in calories as well. You can most definitely add a sprinkle of salt or put a small amount of butter to give it flavor if you choose. However, don’t overdo it with that either! And, popcorn is quite good as it is so that means it does not need too much additional flavor.
- Eggs – You may have grown up believing that eggs were the culprit to high cholesterol, however, that actually is not the case. In fact, eggs have so many excellent nutrients and it actually has properties that can help keep your good cholesterol levels up while it reduces your bad cholesterol. In fact, lutein is in eggs which can prevent heart disease from happening. They are also low in calories if you stick to having no more than 2 a day. Additionally, they are full of protein which will keep you satisfied.
- Peanut Butter – You are probably really in Heaven now after learning that chocolate is healthy, and now peanut butter? However, before you go and get those chocolate peanut butter cups from the convenience store, you will want to listen up. Peanut butter is high in calories, however, it is also loaded with potassium, Vitamin B 6 and Vitamin E, as well as very healthy fats. Additionally, this superfood helps you regulate your appetite and it keeps you full. In fact, having a spoonful of peanut butter a day can also reduce your chances of developing diabetes. However, again, it is best to have natural peanut butter to reap the benefits instead of the processed type.
- Coffee – Yes, you heard that right! You can go and have a cup of coffee while enjoying a chocolate square with a dab of peanut butter on it in order to stay healthy. Coffee is loaded with antioxidants that can also protect you against dementia, type 2 diabetes, and Parkinson’s disease. Just go easy on the sugar and cream, and if you can drink it black, all the better!
Now, you have just learned about the 5 foods that you thought were not healthy all along but in fact, are! Just remember, moderation is the key no matter what you are eating or drinking, and that goes for healthy foods as well, like the ones that were just listed. Now, go and enjoy a healthy snack and nourish your body!