You have learned a little bit about the Enneagram over the past while. Now is the time to get into the nitty-gritty of it. The first of the 9 personality types to delve more into is the Enneagram Type 1 or The Reformer, which is also known as the Perfectionist or The Idealist.
If you have the Type 1 Enneagram type, then you are practical, rational, and you have a strong need for equality and justice. You have a really strong sense of right and wrong. In fact, your need for fairness, order, and accuracy is strong. Another thing that is associated with this type is that there is a strong desire to be clean and organized. Therefore, your office and home would be the most organized and clean around.
There are strengths and weaknesses of each Enneagram type, and for the Type 1, the strengths are:
- Paying close attention to details
- Personal values are huge motivators
- You have the worldview that is idealistic or optimistic
- You will defend others’ rights
- You know how to care for and connect to your community
- You are quite punctual
- You take your work and duties very seriously
- You are extremely organized
That is how you as The Reformer show your strengths. However, there are also some challenges that this type faces, and let’s go talk more about that:
- You tend to be a perfectionist and you also know at the same time, there is no such thing
- It is hard to accept difficult realities
- You can be too critical of yourself or those around you
- You can become too self-righteous or obsessive
- There is a tendency to have black and white thinking
- You can be too rigid and inflexible in thinking
- It is easy to get stressed by being reminded over and over again about how corrupt the world is
However, there are ways to grow and what you can do is see that there is beauty in anything that is less than perfect. You can also realize that nothing is clearly black and white as there is a way to see that there are grey areas in life as well. Additionally, being aware of ways on how you judge yourself and others harshly is also another way to improve. And you have to be mindful of when you do it so you catch yourself the next time you express unfair judgment.
Ideal careers for The Reformer are:
- Social worker
- Guidance counselor
If you are The Perfectionist and that was the type you had come up with after taking the Enneagram Personality test, now you know more about yourself.