Are you the type that has a strong need to be in control no matter what is happening in your life? Are you also the type who is first to defend those who are either unable to defend themselves or who won’t be heard? Are you extremely independent and don’t like following the rules? Are you a leader? If that is the case, then you are likely the Enneagram Type 8 or The Challenger.
The other name for The Challenger is The Protector. If you have this Enneagram type, you are fiercely independent, protective, and leadership comes quite naturally to you. You, however, don’t like to show your vulnerable side unless it is to a child, an animal, or to someone who is elderly or disabled. That is because they make you feel safe enough to do so. Like other Enneagram types, The Challenger has strengths and weaknesses. Let’s go over the strengths first.
The Strengths Of The Challenger
If you have the Enneagram Type 8 personality, you are strong with:
- Making difficult decisions with confidence
- Standing up for yourself as well as for those who are around you
- Expressing yourself regardless of the situation you are in
- Knowing how to lead others to success
- Protecting others
- Logical and fair decision-making tactics
However, like the other types, you have some weaknesses as well.
The Weaknesses Of The Challenger
The issues you may face are:
- Being seen as intimidating
- Having trouble with following the rules
- Disregarding the opinions of others
- Being in control when it is not your place
- Being seen as argumentative
- Being afraid to show vulnerability
And there are ways to grow and evolve. It is important to gain the skill of listening to the ideas of others and considering their validity. You will want to share and express your emotions more as well and understanding that there is value in being vulnerable. You also must refrain from taking charge in situations that do not involve you. Sometimes you have to allow others to take the lead as well.
The careers that are ideal for The Challenger are:
- Financial Advisor
- Sales Director
- Marketing Strategist
- Advertising Executive
- Business Owner
Do you have any of these careers if you have this Enneagram type? If so, how do you feel about them? Do you have another type of career that is not listed? If so, how do you feel about them as well?